Our Insurance Law Practice
For more than 15 years, the Miami insurance coverage disputes lawyers of Ver Ploeg & Lumpkin, P.A., have helped insurance policyholders resolve disputes with insurance companies. Sometimes the first letter we send to the insurance company will resolve the case. Other disputes end up in court. We encourage you to contact us as soon as possible to learn how we can help resolve your dispute.
To learn more about Florida insurance law and our insurance law practice, please review the information on the following pages:
- Florida civil remedy statute: The law governing the resolution of insurance disputes.
- Delays in payment of claims: The longer the insurance company delays, the more interest it earns on the money.
- Failure to defend: This leaves policyholders exposed to devastating financial damages.
- Punitive damages: Dispelling common misconceptions about punitive damages.
- Commercial general liability insurance claims: Resolving disputes over CGL claims.
- Commercial property insurance claims: Including hurricane damage claims.
- Homeowners insurance claims: Including claim denials and disputes over evaluation of damages.
- Construction defect claims: Representing homeowners, developers, builders, contractors and associations in claims against insurance companies for various construction defects, including mold damage, coverage for Chinese drywall damage and product liability claims.
- Windstorm (hurricane) insurance claims: Floridians know that hurricane claims can drag on for years. We strive to achieve a prompt resolution.
- Excess judgments: Making sure insurance companies act in good faith by holding them responsible for exposing the policyholder to an excess judgment.
- Claims-made coverage vs. occurrence coverage: Helping clients understand the differences between these two types of coverages and the potential implications.
- Long-term disability claims: Including disputes over whether you are disabled and the extent to which you are disabled.
- Professional errors and omissions insurance claims: Protecting your interests in E&O claim disputes.
- Corporate directors and officers liability claims: Including shareholder suits against the corporation and its individual leaders.
- Automobile insurance claims: Helping resolve disputes after auto accidents.
- Life insurance claims: Representing beneficiaries in coverage disputes.
- Health insurance claims: Representing physicians, clinics, hospitals and other health care providers.
- Underpayment of claims: Pursuing full and just payment of covered claims.
Contact Us for Florida Claim Denial Attorneys
To arrange a consultation to discuss your insurance coverage dispute, please contact us by e-mail or call 305-577-3996. From offices in Miami and Orlando, our lawyers represent clients from throughout Florida and across the nation.