Ashley B. Jordan concentrates her practice in the areas of insurance recovery and risk management counseling for policyholders in the construction industry.
Ashley assists developers, project owners, general contractors, subcontractors, manufacturers, design professionals, and construction managers in resolving insurance coverage and bad faith disputes. She also counsels clients on risk management, through review of their insurance programs and insurance & indemnity provisions in their contracts.
While in law school, Ashley was a member of the International and Comparative Law Review and served as a judicial intern for the Honorable Ursula M. Ungaro, United States District Judge, Southern District of Florida. She is admitted to practice in California, Florida, and Washington, D.C.
Among other organizations, Ashley is an active member of the Real Property Law Section of the California Lawyers Association, Construction Law Subsection of the Los Angeles County Bar Association, and Associated General Contractors of California’s Legal Advisory Committee.
- District of Columbia
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Florida
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- University of Miami School of Law, Coral Gables, Florida
- J.D. cum laude – 2009
- Honors: Dean’s List; Phi Delta Phi Honor Fraternity
- Law Review: International and Comparative Law Review, Member
- A.B. Freeman School of Business, Tulane University, New Orleans, Louisiana
- B.S.M. – 2006
- Major: Legal Studies in Business
Recent Presentations & Writings
- Finger on the Trigger, 40 Los Angeles Lawyer, no. 10, January 2018, available at https://www.lacba.org/docs/default-source/lal-back-issues/2018-issues/January-2018.pdf.
- The Language of Loss, 40 Los Angeles Lawyer, no. 8, November 2017, available at https://www.lacba.org/docs/default-source/lal-back-issues/2017-issues/november-2017.pdf.
- National Business Institute – Advanced Insurance Bad Faith Seminar, Presenter: Institutional Bad Faith: Industry Standards, Carrier Compensation Programs, Claims Process, Case Law and More, April 6, 2017.
- Insurance 101: Whether Faulty Workmanship Is an Occurrence, (Co-Author), 27 Coverage Journal, no. 1, Winter 2017, available at https://www.americanbar.org/content/dam/aba/publications/litigation_committees/insurance/winter-2017-coverage.authcheckdam.pdf.