Ashley B. Jordan concentrates her practice in the areas of insurance recovery and risk management counseling for policyholders in the construction industry.
Ashley assists developers, project owners, general contractors, subcontractors, manufacturers, design professionals, and construction managers in resolving insurance coverage and bad faith disputes. She also counsels clients on risk management, through review of their insurance programs and insurance & indemnity provisions in their contracts.
While in law school, Ashley was a member of the International and Comparative Law Review and served as a judicial intern for the Honorable Ursula M. Ungaro, United States District Judge, Southern District of Florida. She is admitted to practice in California, Florida, and Washington, D.C.
Ashley is a current member of the Executive Committee of the Real Property Law Section of the California Lawyers Association. She is also an active member of the Construction Law Subsection of the Los Angeles County Bar Association and Associated General Contractors of California’s Legal Advisory Committee.
- District of Columbia
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Florida
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- University of Miami School of Law, Coral Gables, Florida
- J.D. cum laude – 2009
- Honors: Dean’s List; Phi Delta Phi Honor Fraternity
- Law Review: International and Comparative Law Review, Member
- A.B. Freeman School of Business, Tulane University, New Orleans, Louisiana
- B.S.M. – 2006
- Major: Legal Studies in Business
Recent Presentations & Writings
- California Lawyers Association (Real Property Law Section) – Murphy’s Law Strikes, Now What? Insurance Coverage in California for Construction Claims Seminar, Program Co-Chair and Presenter: Risk Management Strategies to Implement Before a Construction Liability Claim is Made and Key Insurance Coverage & Performance Bond Issues that May be Implicated Once a Construction Liability Claim is Made, September 5, 2018.
- The Knowledge Group Webinar, Presenter: Bad Faith Claims & Motions to Dismiss: Evolving Standards and Regulations, August 21, 2018.
- California Lawyers Association Webinar, Presenter: Construction Liabilities: Recent Decisions Affecting Insurance Coverage & Coverage-Maximizing Strategies From the Policyholder’s Perspective, June 13, 2018.
- Finger on the Trigger, 40 Los Angeles Lawyer, no. 10, January 2018, available at https://www.lacba.org/docs/default-source/lal-back-issues/2018-issues/January-2018.pdf.
- Selected for reprint in Albert H. Dib (Ed.), Legal Handbook for Architects, Engineers and Contractors: Issues in Construction and Technology 2018/2019.
- The Language of Loss, 40 Los Angeles Lawyer, no. 8, November 2017, available at https://www.lacba.org/docs/default-source/lal-back-issues/2017-issues/november-2017.pdf.
- National Business Institute – Advanced Insurance Bad Faith Seminar, Presenter: Institutional Bad Faith: Industry Standards, Carrier Compensation Programs, Claims Process, Case Law and More, April 6, 2017.
- Insurance 101: Whether Faulty Workmanship Is an Occurrence, (Co-Author), 27 Coverage Journal, no. 1, Winter 2017, available at https://www.americanbar.org/content/dam/aba/publications/litigation_committees/insurance/winter-2017-coverage.authcheckdam.pdf.