Ashley B. Jordan concentrates her practice in the areas of insurance coverage and bad faith litigation in both Florida and California. She joined Ver Ploeg & Lumpkin in 2009 and is admitted to practice in Florida, California, and Washington, D.C.
Born in Miami, Florida, Ms. Jordan is a 2006 graduate of Tulane University and a 2009 cum laude graduate of the University of Miami School of Law. While in law school, she was a member of the International and Comparative Law Review and served as a judicial intern for the Honorable Ursula M. Ungaro, United States District Judge, Southern District of Florida.
Ms. Jordan is an active member of the American Bar Association, Dade County Bar Association, American Association for Justice, Florida Justice Association, State Bar of California, San Diego County Bar Association, and Los Angeles County Bar Association.
- District of Columbia
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Florida
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- University of Miami School of Law, Coral Gables, Florida
- J.D. cum laude – 2009
- Honors: Dean’s List; Phi Delta Phi Honor Fraternity
- Law Review: International and Comparative Law Review, Member
- A.B. Freeman School of Business, Tulane University, New Orleans, Louisiana
- B.S.M. – 2006
- Major: Legal Studies in Business
Recent Presentations & Writings
- Finger on the Trigger, 40 Los Angeles Lawyer, no. 10, January 2018, available at https://www.lacba.org/docs/default-source/lal-back-issues/2018-issues/January-2018.pdf.
- The Language of Loss, 40 Los Angeles Lawyer, no. 8, November 2017, available at https://www.lacba.org/docs/default-source/lal-back-issues/2017-issues/november-2017.pdf.
- National Business Institute – Advanced Insurance Bad Faith Seminar, Presenter: Institutional Bad Faith: Industry Standards, Carrier Compensation Programs, Claims Process, Case Law and More, April 6, 2017.
- Insurance 101: Whether Faulty Workmanship Is an Occurrence, (Co-Author), 27 Coverage Journal, no. 1, Winter 2017, available at https://www.americanbar.org/content/dam/aba/publications/litigation_committees/insurance/winter-2017-coverage.authcheckdam.pdf.