Chad A. Pasternack concentrates his practice on Insurance Coverage and Insurer Bad Faith disputes. A New Jersey native, Mr. Pasternack graduated from The College of New Jersey in 2012 with a degree in Business Administration and received his Juris Doctor from the University of Miami School of Law in 2015, where he graduated in the Top 10% of his class. During law school he received several scholarships and served as Executive Editor of the University of Miami Business Law Review. Mr. Pasternack has also authored articles on topics including corporate structures, class action liability, the Fair Labor Standards Act, and healthcare regulation.
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Florida
- University of Miami School of Law, Coral Gables, Florida
- J.D. magna cum laude – 2015
- Order of the Coif
- Honors: Dean’s Certificate of Achievement in Federal Income Tax; Dean’s Certificate of Achievement in Torts; Dean’s List
- Law Review: University of Miami Business Law Review, Executive Editor
- The College of New Jersey
- B.S., Business Administration – 2012
Recent Presentations and Writings
- Dual-Listed Company Structures: Effect on Liability and Indemnity Contracts, Columbia Law School Blue Sky Blog, Feb. 12, 2016, available here.
- Dual Listed Company Structures as a Defense Against Liability, 51 Gonz. L. Rev. 159 (2015)
- Wollschlaeger, a Patient’s Right to Privacy, and a Renewed Focus on Mental Health Treatment, 23 U. Miami Bus. L. Rev. 451 (2015)
- No Pay, No Gain? The Plus Side of Unpaid Internships, 8 J. Bus. Entrepreneurship & L. 193 (2014)